Monday, March 21, 2016

Gel Color Pens


I purchased from seller GL-SAIL(US), Premium Gel Color Pens. I love pens, if it writes well I check to see what brand/type pen it is and see how much it costs to try and buy. This pack of 36 is divided into pastels (aka milky pens), neons, and metallics (aka glitter pens).  While there are several colors that were extremely similar to each other, you can tell a slight difference when they are side by side on the paper. Several standard colors you usually want, were only in glitter, that being said, I love the colors just wish there was more diversity. I love the carrying case. It makes it so easy to keep the pens together and makes it harder to lose or break pens when they are put away correctly. Each pen is held securely so you don’t have to worry about them bouncing around and leaking everywhere. 
 

I did not notice any cramping or discomfort using the pen and my husband tells me I sat there for several hours straight coloring. I prefer a medium to bold point tip so I loved that these pens were 0.8mm to 1.0mm (needle point tip). That makes them good for coloring where you need to cover large space or tight places. The metallics wrote great. The metallics glided on the paper like butter, except every once in a while, they would snag like they had a bit of dried ink or dirt on the tip. The colors were vibrant and there was bleeding or spreading of the ink.  The con I have to say about this set is the pastel colors skipped a lot when I tried to write with them. I know this tends to be hard for many brands, but considering how light these colors are, if they skip, especially if you hand touches it before it is dry, it makes it even more illegible. The neons also had some skipping when writing, in comparison to the metallics. I would also have liked to see the standard black, blue and green gel with no frills.
 
With that said, I do believe this set is more suited for “coloring” or arts and crafts rather than writing or color coding when writing. In general I would still recommend this set. It’s a good price for such a range of color, and the carrying case is a plus.

 

Pros:
  • Sturdy case
  • Glitter pens roll with ease
  • Great arts/crafts pens

Cons:
  • Pastels can skip/stutter like there is dried ink on the tips
  • Lots of pastels but few basic colors in non-glitter
  • If accidently touch before completely dry, they will smear

DISCLAIMER:  I received these gel pens at a discounted price in exchange for giving my honest opinion. I do not have a relationship with the seller and manufacturer of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment